How to Get Started with Mobi in Your Classroom
First time use:
- Load the Interwrite Workspace software on your computer.
- Load the Interwrite Content CD on your computer. (This contains the picture gallery.)
- Using the cable plug the mobi into the computer to be charged. The Mobi needs to be charge for 12 hours before first time use. Make sure you see a battery and pen icon in the window on the mobi when charging. Other times the battery icon in the window will show low battery when it needs to be charged. The pen needs to be in the pen slot to charge and should always be charged when the board is being charged.
To use your Mobi:
- After your Mobi is fully charged (see number 3 above) you can unplug the cable from the mobi and the computer.
- Take the USB RF hub off the back of the Mobi (looks like a thumb drive) and plug it into one of the USB ports on your computer. (one RF Hub will support up to 9 mobi’s-do not need to plug in a RF Hub from each Mobi) (unless you are using a Mobi and a Mobi learner-you need one RF Hub from each type)
- Once the blue light comes on on the RF Hub press the activation button. The blue light will start blinking.
- Turn on the Mobi. It is ready when it says Learner or Mobi in the window. Press the blue activation button on the back of the Mobi. You should now see a bubble in the bottom right corner of the computer that says Mobi Learner/Mobi connected. Do this for each Mobi you are using.
- If you are only using one Mobi go to number 8. If you are using more than one Mobi, click on the Interwrite icon in the taskbar at the bottom of your computer screen.
- Click on eInstruction Device Manager-(You should see the number of Mobis you have connected if they are working properly they will all have a green check if not you will see a red x.) Click on one of the Mobi learner/Mobi icons-click on options-click on properties-in the box that says name -change the name to something besides Mobi learner or Mobi then click ok. This way you can recognize which mobi is which. You will want to write the name on the actual Mobi. You will need to do this for each mobi and give each mobi you are using a different name. If you want one of the mobis to be in control over the others (like a teacher one) click on the Mobi icon in the device manager box then click on the man icon- this makes this mobi the presenter one. Clicking on the man again will take the presenter mode away.
- You can close the device manager window or minimize it to the bottom.
- Double click on the Interwrite workspace icon to open the software. Once it opens you have a toolbar. Click on the piece of paper.
- There are 2 modes to the Mobi- single and multi use. Single mode only allows one person to write on the board at a time. Once that person stops writing and takes the pen out of proximity of the board the next person can write. (One or more boards can be used in single mode.)
- To set Multi user mode (this way more than one person can write/use the board at the same time) click on the people icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on multi user page setup. A box will open- you will see each Mobi at the top. Select the desired page set up that you want. (Depending on how many Mobis you are using you want that many spaces on your paper.) Then drag each Mobi icon at the top of the box into an area on the paper. This designates the writing space for each Mobi. Click ok. When using multi user mode each Mobi has a box with its tools. You can close the little box by hitting the x. To bring it back press the top of the rocker button on the pen. To exit multi user mode click the people icon at the bottom –turn multi user off.
- When in the Interwrite software you are in lesson mode- there is a picture gallery icon on the toolbar with lots of pictures for each core subject.
- In lesson mode you can do the layer feature. Click on the blank paper then in the bottom left corner the + - allows you to make layers. Write on the first layer use the plus to get layer 2 write something continue adding layers until you are done. The green check in each layer box hides the layer; uncheck the layers starting with number one to show the completed work.
- Use the toolbar in the Interwrite software by clicking on mouse control, pen control, for whatever you want to do. You can also use the buttons on the top of the board by using the pen to click on them. You do not have to be at the computer to have mouse control, etc… click on the features on the board then use the pen like a mouse , etc...
- There is also a capture mode for capturing pictures and screen shots. Click on the toolbox icon on the toolbar then click on capture. It gives you some choices as to what you would like to do.
- If you click on the toolbox icon on the toolbar then click on office mode you can use the board and pen like a mouse with other applications. Then if you click on annotate over desktop you can use the pen to write over the application like in power point or word. To get out of office mode click back on lesson mode on the toolbar.
- While in other applications you can use the functions on the toolbar or board to switch from pen and mouse control.
When finished with the Mobi make sure you turn the power off and put the pen in the pen slot.
There are some help videos if interested at - www.einstruction.com -click on supports and downloads tab at the top -click on professional services and training on the right-click on resources and videos.